Wednesday, April 29, 2015

True Love

I showered tonight, currently a twice a week event whether I need it or not. Trust me, I need it!

Kim has to dry me off these days because I have trouble holding the towel and a getting it up high enough to dry my head and shoulders.  Because of my diaphragm pacing system she wraps my torso with Saran Wrap to keep it dry.  Otherwise we have to replace the Tegaderm and gauze that covers it and the bandage with the clip that the electrode snaps into.

That's the easy part...

The hard part for Kim is clipping my fingernails and toenails.  I never clipped them in front of Kim or even within earshot in our 27+ years of marriage, because it  grosses her  out.  She doesn't like to clip her own toenails, and she has always filed her fingernails, never clipped them.

Tonight she did fingers and toes for me. That is true love and I am a very lucky man!  I love you, Kimmy, and thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment