Friday, May 1, 2015

Old and New Friends Visit

Last Saturday the Spokanes and the Hanahans came to visit.  Dave Spokane, Kris Palmieri Hanahan, Tracy Hanahan, Kim and I all worked for HRB Singer here in State College in the mid-late 1980's.  I worked on the B-2 Bomber simulator, then was assigned to the PSU Applied Research Lab.  Both projects involved manipulating and displaying geographic information, which was the stepping stone to my career in the geospatial industry.

Dave and Julie Spokane and my pen pal daughter Olivia drove down from Nashua, NH to visit son Matt who attends Penn College in Williamsport.  Kris and Tracy joined us for lunch - pizzas from Hiway Pizza, including a red stuffed pizza, my favorite.

 
Olivia and I started emailing after she donated money to the ALS Association last year in my honor, and is a beautiful, sweet, smart, and very energetic young lady!  Matt is a very nice young man and he had us laughing often.


Kris  and I worked together after HRB at Keystone Management Systems, a transportation GIS company/startup in downtown State College, and Kris is our realtor in State College.  Kris and Dave both graduated at the same time in Computer Engineering at the Rochester Institute of Technology.


We had a wonderful visit and Olivia entertained us with her gymnastics outside when she grew bored sitting and listening to the conversation.  We laughed a lot until everyone's cheeks hurt. It was wonderful time and the hours passed by quickly.  It is a blessing to Kim and I to have reconnected with our old friends and made some new ones!

Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment