Monday, May 25, 2015

Holiday Weekend

Beautiful weather this weekend, makes me thankful for the end of the cold weather this week!  Hopefully we will similar weather for the walk in 2 weeks.

Kim's brother Pat and wife Nancy came down for the weekend and it was great to see them.

Kim was busy in the kitchen for several days preparing awesome food for the weekend.

We put in an offer on a condo up the street from Jean's condo (6 houses away) this weekend after seeing it on Friday and it was accepted today.  It was in amazing condition and won't need as much work as the one we walked away from this week.  We're not sure when the lady will be moving out but will start scheduling inspections and restart mortgage paperwork.  We will paint, renew flooring, change out the kitchen countertop and do some work in the master bath.

Having good days and bad days with allergies.  Yesterday went well but today I had a rough start.

Kim and I did laps around the parking lot yesterday and today.  Yesterday she helped me organize and file photos.  We enjoyed a nap together this afternoon!

I go to the dentist tomorrow for a check up and to see if I have teeth that need to be pulled.  It seems like I always go when I have my worst allergies!  I am nervous because I expect bad news, gagging is at an all time high, and I can't spit.

A  week from today I go back to the ALS clinic.  It's amazing how much my body has degraded during that period of time!  My right hand was weak, but functional, I walked with just a cane, I was able to eat well, I showered myself daily, I could do steps with no problem, and I could use a computer mouse with my right hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment