Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Moving Day!

The reason you haven't seen any blog updates for a while is that today was moving day!  The movers arrived yesterday to pack our belongings and loaded the truck today and moved everything into storage until we find a suitable house that we can afford in State College.  Slim pickings so far but we're hopeful to see more as we get closer to the end of the PSU semester.

The last 3 weekends were spent in Mechanicsburg at the house deciding what shouldn't go to storage and what to give away.  We were blessed to have Kim's mom Jean, Kim's twin brother Kelly, and brother Pat to help us  We brought several full carloads home every weekend and created a huge pile to donate to the Salvation Army.  Unfortunately Kim had to take yesterday and today off from work to be at the house with the movers which was unexpected, we only found out this past Saturday that it was a requirement.

Kim got home safely tonight at 7:30 PM, exhausted. They had trouble getting our solid wood king size platform bed out of the bedroom.  When the bedroom suite was originally delivered more than 10 years ago they brought it around the back of the house and through a door directly into the master bedroom that we took out several years ago when the door started to leak.

I wasn't able to help much post surgery and with my weakened arms and legs.  I did have a fall in the basement as I was trying to sit down in a chair to type a message to Kim.  I tripped over the dehumidifier hose.  Fortunately instead of falling on the concrete floor and breaking some bones I fell on top of some boxes of books that cushioned my fall and only ended up with several severely stoved fingers and broken blood vessels in my left (good) hand.

The week of 3/23 I went back to work halftime for two weeks.  I was supposed to finish up last Friday but developed a nasty head cold at the beginning of last week that kept me from sleeping much, and working.  I am not able to blow my nose due to the loss of the seal between my throat and sinuses so I was miserable! Finally found a combination of things that enabled me to breathe better, sleep, and recover - Theraflu severe cold, Sudafed, and Afrin nose spray and back to sleeping sitting up in the recliner.

So this week I am finishing up my working life and 27.5 year IT/geospatial career and next week I start full time disability.

My friends have been amazing in supporting and reaching out to me electronically to help with my loneliness and to show their support.  I love my wife's family and they are very good to me but I have been a very social person my entire life and I have severe cabin fever and am missing my friends, work and neighbor interactions.

I am hoping as the weather gets better I can spend more time outside and get my rollator walker out to get some exercise and start working on being able to walk 2 miles at the Hershey ALS walk on Saturday, June 6.

I have a lot of people on my prayer list these days, and I am truly blessed have hundreds of people praying for me.  Seems like I add 1-2 people every day.  Know that I am thinking about you often, praying for you diligently, and wishing God's peace, love, strength, and favor for you, your families, and those around you!

2 comments:

  1. My name is Nick and i have always been aware that spells work out but i never found a true spell caster as i have been scammed a couple of times. My husband whom i have been married to for 3 years left me just after i became pregnant and there was no one to take care of me and my unborn child this condition made me search for genuine solution online until i met DR ZADSON of eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com. This DR promised to bring back my husband and in 72 hours. At first i thought he was like others i have met until suddenly the third day after Dr ZADSON had told me to await results my husband came to me in the hospital for my anti-natal care and stood right beside my begging for forgiveness and a chance to make amends. Tears of joy burst out of me and words are still not enough to thank this great DR. Just contact him via eduduzadsontemple@yahoo.com or call +2347050269626 for whatever challenge you may be facing its absolutely amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish more authors of this type of content would take the time you did to research and write so well. I am very impressed with your vision and insight. moving company playa del rey

    ReplyDelete