Sunday, April 12, 2015

Post Surgery Appointment and Pacer Tune-up

Kim and I drove down to Hershey for my one month post-op checkup with Dr. Pauli and a quick stop at the clinic for Dr. Raheja to adjust my pacer.

I had some granuloma tissue around my PEG tube that Dr. Pauli burned off with a silver nitrate stick. He indicated that should clear up the leakage around my tube which Kim has had to clean up the last month.  Unfortunately, he was running late, which made us late for our appointment at the clinic.

Dr. Raheja turned up the gain on my diaphragm pacer to a much more noticeable strength.  It felt like a rotary telephone dial turning in my left side but couldn't feel much on my right side.  I wore the pacer for about 10 hours last night with no shoulder pain, so hopefully it should be an easy adjustment.  She will adjust it again when I go back for my regular Clinic appointment in 2 months.

Finally got done around 2pm (instead of noon), and stopped at Panera's for lunch before driving back to State College.

We closed on our house in Mechanicsburg Friday morning, so another chapter closed.  It is bittersweet because Kim selected the design and we built the house to our specifications.  However, the builder took some shortcuts that we subsequently had to fix and I always felt like the house was trying to kill me - leaky windows and doors, leaky basement, and a tornado!  We finally fixed everything by putting a new roof on last Fall.  Now the house is someone else's problem.  I hope that they enjoy it as much as we did!  I will miss our gas fireplace and the beautiful sunroom!  Now we just have to find a house in State College to live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment