Sunday, April 12, 2015

My Work Life Is Over

Friday marked my last day of work for Michael Baker International and was the end of my 27.5 year professional career.  Tomorrow morning I am on disability full time.

I worked for 7 different organizations and traveled to 4 continents as an IT and geospatial professional.

HRB Systems, State College
Keystone Management Systems, State College - U.K., Brazil, Canada
Advanced Technology Solutions (now geographIT), Lancaster - Alaska, Puerto Rico
GeoSystems/Mapquest.com, Lancaster - Wales, Australia
GeoDecisions/Gannett Fleming, Camp Hill
Commonwealh of Pennsylvania, Harrisburg
Michael Baker International, Harrisburg

I made good friends at each company, and I worked hard.  Each company felt like family.  I had some fantastic managers and a few not so great managers.

It was a great career and I will miss it, but the time has come to say goodbye and focus on remaining as healthy as possible for as long as possible.  Tomorrow is a new day in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment