Friday, April 17, 2015

What a week!

We bid on a ranch condo new listing across the street from Jean this week and after several counter offers came to an agreement on a fair price.  It was built in1991, one owner, and is a mess, but the location is great, it has a nice level lot, a nice patio out back, a little less than 2000 sq ft on the first floor, and a large unfinished basement.  Inspections will be done next week.

That was the good news.

This week started spring allergies.  Fortunately my loratadine takes the edge off.

My legs have been spasming a lot this week, especially at night.  The spasms actually lift my legs off the bed when lying down, which makes it difficult to sleep.

Add to that a swollen and extremely painful big right toe.  It came on overnight Tuesday and was painful to walk on Wednesday.  I thought it might have sprained or broken it somehow.  Yesterday it was much worse, causing my leg to spasm almost continuously.  It was so bad last night I hobbled into the kitchen with my rollator walker at midnight to get the remaining oxycodone pills from my surgery to get some relief.  

After 2 hours, my leg stopped spasming enough to calm my toe pain so I could get some sleep in the recliner.  This morning we decided to have my doctor look at it.  Fortunately we were able to get in to see Dr. Hale at 10.  The pain was so bad we had to use the transport wheelchair for the first time to get me  into Kim's car and into the office..  He took one look at my red, swollen and very painful toe and indicated he was almost certain that I had gout!

Went downstairs to draw blood to confirm the diagnosis then went to RiteAid to fill my prednisone prescription.  Hopefully should work quickly and be completely gone within a week.

So this afternoon I'm relegated to the couch with my leg propped up to reduce the swelling and waiting for the prednisone to kick in, and will read some more of my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment