Monday, May 19, 2014

Progress

Another good day today!  Warm and sunny outside.
 
Got lots done at PennDOT – debugged and fixed some queries in the backend, gave the developer some initial assignments, added several of the new traffic data items, compiled the new validation stored procedures, and copied 1.6M records to the master data table so that we can test the application this week with this year’s data.  I have about 50 data records to manually compare so I can determine why their mileages are different than the SAS mileage report we created as a source for comparison.  Not too bad considering there are more than 100,000 source records.  BTW, the backend rewrite started the second week of April, so we have accomplished a lot in six weeks!
 
Left PennDOT a little early this afternoon to visit the Baker office.  Had the chance to see my manager Dave F, Eric O, Bob H, and Danielle S, my good friend Grant E from the City of Philadelphia, and Jeff T, who took over the City project from me since I was going to be onsite and fulltime at PennDOT for a few months.  Jeff gave me a demo of the project progress and Bud L and the technical team have been doing a great job!
 
Another busy week.  Will spend some hours the next few nights this week reviewing some documents and rewriting some of the 100+ validation queries I wrote last year for the HPMS project as part of the initial build.  We simplified the PennDOT HPMS data model this year, so I can clean up some of the stored procedure queries so that they run faster.  We are trying to wrap up the PennShare (PennDOT ArcGIS Online) project and are working on finalizing the project whitepaper this week.  Thursday night I have the Township Sewer Advisory Board meeting, which I chair.  I have learned a lot about poop the last few years!
 
Looking forward to a long weekend in State College with my mother-in-law and brother-in-law.  Kim’s family has been through a lot in the past two years! L  Haven’t heard if Kim’s older brother and his wife will be there, but it would be nice to see them also.
 
Going to close now before this one gets too long.  I wanted to share a very nice and meaningful verse my good friend Bruce S sent me a week ago.  I have it posted at my desk at PennDOT as well as some other spiritual verses my friend Stuard G gave me also that I read every morning.
 
Thanks, Bruce!
 
GOD's PROMISE
 
God has not promised
Skies always blue,
Flower-strewn pathways
All our lives through;
God has not promised
Sun without rain
Joy without sorrow,
Peace without pain.
 
But God has promised
Strength for the day,
Rest for the labor,
Light for the way,
Grace for the trials,
Help from above,
Unfailing sympathy,
Undying love.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment