Thursday, May 29, 2014

Finally!

Kim told me to not talk so much about work...  But I finally had a major breakthrough with the PennDOT HPMS deliverables today.  I finalized the state road mileage with the PennDOT staff today so they can put together the mileage certification letter for the PennDOT Secretary to sign, which has to be sent to FHWA on Monday.   YEAH!  That's all I've worked on for the last 2 weeks.  It required a number of 10 hour days and it took a lot of focus and effort to get it just right.  Down to the wire, but DONE!  A success worthy of celebrating!  The 2 million data records are due in 2 weeks time, and we will start reviewing the data and the updated HPMS Console application next week.

Team JFK for the ALS Walk for a Cure is shaping up to be a large contingent and the donations are still coming in.  Pray that we have good weather!  Thank you to the 12 people signed up to walk with Kim and me next Saturday and for the 17 people who have donated!!!  Kim and I greatly appreciate the support that you have provided to us and the Philadelphia ALS Chapter! 

We're planning a Knudson Family Reunion in August.  Choices are Florida and North Carolina.   I'm hoping for the mountains of North Carolina.  Florida would be really hot in August!  May try to get together with both of my brothers in September in Colorado if we can work it out, also.

Thank you God for giving me the strength, persistence, and intelligence to be able to get the HPMS mileage completed today for PennDOT!  It feels good!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could be there Saturday. Our sons birthday party is that day. Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Brett. You've got your priorities straight. Have fun at the party!
      Your friend,
      Jim

      Delete