Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Another GREAT Weekend!

Kim and I traveled to Charleston, WV Friday afternoon to see mom.  Other than a torrential deluge and almost running out of gas, it was a pretty good drive.  Thank God we didn't run out of gas, or I would have been divorced immediately.  Charleston had 5 inches of rain in less than 30 minutes so there was a lot of localized flooding.

Took mom out to Outback for a nice dinner Friday night once we arrived.  Kim and I were both very tired so went to our hotel after dropping mom back at her apartment and crashed early.  There were dogs barking a couple rooms over, lots of car and truck traffic, and trains right behind the hotel, which we thought would keep us awake, but I don't think we lasted more than 5 minutes once the lights went out.

We spent the morning with mom in her apartment, catching up and talking about lots of different things.

Mom/Margaret/Mimi

My best friends Eddie and Celeste opened up the HPCBD law office for a gathering of friends Saturday afternoon, and we had a wonderful time!  Eddie laid out a great spread for all of us - quite the cook!

Drew and Jennifer I saw in March at the Outback when I was in town for business.  I hadn't seen Eddie and Celeste for a few years.  Several of the guys I saw at a WVU Football home game three years ago, but some of my friends I hadn't seen in 20 or 30 years. 

It was a day of fun, talking, laughing, sharing, and friendship.  And the weather was perfect, also.  I couldn't have asked for a better day than to be with my beautiful and strong wife, mom, and dear friends.  They all offered their well wishes, prayers, and anything they could do to help me down the road.  I hope to see some of them at a Mountaineer football game and tailgate this fall.
 
 Jim and Celeste
 
 Celeste, Eddie, Jim, and Kim
 
 Dave and Jim
 
 Dennis, Dave, Mike, Eddie, Gary, and Drew
 
Drew and Jennifer
 
 Dave, Jim, and Eddie
 
The Ladies - Kim, Celeste, Margaret, and Jennifer
 
Dave, Jim, and Mike
  
Gary, Dave, Gary, Drew, Eddie, Dennis, Tony, Jim, Grant and Mike 
 
My sincere thanks to Eddie and Celeste for going the extra mile for me!  And thanks to all of my friends who took time out of their busy weekend to share it with us.  Your friendship, love, and compassion touched me, Kim, and Margaret.
 
Closed out Sunday in Charleston by having breakfast with mom and going to church with her.  After church we had a nice lunch with mom and got back on the road to Mechanicsburg.  Fortunately the drive home was a lot easier than the drive down.
 
I'm looking forward to my next trip!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment