Wednesday, June 3, 2015

ALS Clinic 6/1 and TMJ Therapy

Last Friday I had my first therapy session at Atlas Therapy.  Since I can't lie down and breathe and my allergies limit reclining capabilities, I sat in a chair for some massage therapy for my jaw and teeth clenching, grinding and pain.  It was somewhat painful but at the end of the 30 minute session I was able to open my mouth 2-3 times wider and smile better.  Kim and Jean were amazed at the results in my face.  We have  2 sessions scheduled each of the next 2 weeks.

Monday was my fifth ALS Clinic, and it was a long day.  We left the house at 8am and our first stop was at Baker to drop off my work computer, iPhone, badge, and credit card.  We also stopped at our realtors office to pick up something from the house the movers left behind.  Then we headed to Hershey for our clinic visit.

Didn't finish the respiratory testing due to a coughing/gagging episode, so didn't get a new FVC score.  Legs and arms were significantly weaker.  They recommended we start the process for an electronic wheelchair since it takes several months.  Right hand measured 10 instead of 20 in March, and left hand measured 20 vs 80 in March.  Since the Nutren 2.0 formula has been bothering my stomach they gave us 2 different cases of formula to try.  They both have fiber which the Nutren doesn't.

We checked in at the clinic at 11:45 and didn't walk out the door until 5pm, just in time for rush hour traffic.  Nothing to eat since we left the house.  We finally got home at 7:15, exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment