Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Swallow Test

I  went to Tristan Associates this morning to do a swallow test as a referral from the ENT doctor I saw 2 weeks ago. They flouroscoped my mouth and throat while I ate and drank different items treated with barium.  I warned them about my gag reflex and the taste of the barium did set it off.  Two fluoroscopes in less than 3 days, I am probably radioactive.  I'll ask Kim to check if I glow in the dark tonight.

Regardless, the test indicating that my swallow reflex is still good and I am not aspirating any liquids or food into my lungs, great news.  I told the speech pathologist who walked me through the test that the Dr. Fornadley had convinced me to agree to the PEG feeding tube which she agreed was a good idea.

I took Monday - Wednesday off this week for my tests, to spend time with Kim while she was off, and to work on the house.  I have a large pile of things in the basement for the Salvation Army to pick up.  By the time I get done it should fill up a medium sized truck.  I decided not to keep all of my fiction books - I am keeping my favorites but getting read of the rest.  I have to get rid of 3 5-shelf bookshelves to get down to the two I plan to move to State College.  Mr. Packrat is finally getting rid of the pack!

We've only had one house showing so far.  There is another scheduled tomorrow afternoon and a third one Saturday morning.  Hopefully we will start to get more traffic and find a motivated buyer soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment