Sunday, December 28, 2014

RIP Uncle Frank Cooley 12/28/2014

 
If you read through my Colorado Bucket Trip story, when we left Denver on 9/5, we headed straight to Grand Junction to see my Aunt Geneva and Uncle Frank as well as cousin Frank and wife Margie.  It had been almost seven years since Kim and I had last seen Frank and Geneva on our 20th wedding anniversary road trip through Ohio in 2007, which started in Cincinnati with a visit with them and mom and Frank's sister Elizabeth before we headed to Akron for the Football Hall of Fame and then to Cleveland to see Don and Helen.

Cousin Loraine called this afternoon to let us know that Uncle Frank passed away today after having contracted the flu.  He was very weak and had been in the hospice at the VA Hospital in Grand Junction for many months.  Margie emailed and reported that he passed peacefully around 1:30 this afternoon and that both Frank and Geneva were there with him.  Our thoughts and prayers have been with them daily, and tonight I am praying harder for wife Geneva, sister Elizabeth, son Frank, daughter Loraine, and daughter in law Margie.

I'm very glad that we were able to see Uncle Frank this fall and spend some time talking and laughing with him and Aunt Geneva as well as Frank and Margie.  Although Uncle Frank's body was failing him his mind, wit, and humor were still very sharp and evident and he cracked us all up with his word play and jokes.  He was a lifelong Cincinnati Reds and Bengals fan and loved to talk sports.

Our thoughts and prayers are with Frank's family.  We love you and will miss you, Uncle Frank.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) in summer of 2018, my symptoms started out with a “foot drop” on my left foot, from there my left leg lost all muscle tone followed by slurred speech and inability to eat without getting choked, strangled, and coughing. My neurologist prescribed me some medications to help my symptoms but the medications did no good and their side effects were too severe. In 2019 i started using Peter ALS Herbal formula treatment, I read a lot of positive reviews on their success rate with the ALS Herbal treatment and I immediately started on the treatment. Just 10 weeks into the ALS Herbal formula treatment I had great improvements with my coordination, speech, breathing and muscle movements. I have basically gone stronger than I'd thought I could ever be again. having similar symptoms? send a message to them at peterwiseherbalcenter@gmail.com or WhatsApp Dr Peter directly on +2349059610643 . The fatigue and general muscle weakness had also declined, this treatment is nothing less of a miracle!

    ReplyDelete