Friday, November 7, 2014

More Anniversaries Today

Today marked 3 years at Michael Baker.  Time flies when you are having fun!

Today was also the 6 month anniversary of my ALS diagnosis in May at Hershey Medical Center.

This week I dropped to 2 days a week for acupuncture due to the costs of the treatment, and today my doctor told me that we should take a break for a month and see how the Deanna Protocol goes.  I am ready for a break. 

I am just finishing Week 3 of the DP, and I have been taking Fuel for Thought (F2T) for 10 days now to get the full benefits of the DP by maximizing the amount of coconut oil/caprylic acid/multi chain triglycerides (MCTs).  Supposed to get 12 Tbsps/day if possible - not easy to do ingesting coconut oil.  Two doses of F2T is supposed to provide that much.  I am very hopeful that we can slow down the progression of the disease and possibly regain some of the function that I have lost, especially improvements in speech and swallowing.

I started using my PowerLung this week to exercise my lungs and diaphragm and hopefully improve my Forced Vital Capacity score when I go to my third ALS clinic next month. 

If my sinuses and allergies improved, I would sleep a lot better and feel a lot better.  I see my primary doctor on Monday and am going to ask for a referral to an Ear Nose and Throat expert to see if they can figure out what is going on.  I can't lie flat and breathe through my nose.

I decided not to wait any longer on getting some communications software.  I have a big project kickoff meeting in 2.5 weeks, I'm visiting family in Charlotte for Thanksgiving, and I need to be able to communicate with Kim, work, and friends daily.

It has been very frustrating over the last month not being able to communicate verbally with Kim, family, friends, and coworkers.  Only Ty at the PA Turnpike seems to be able to understand anything I say anymore, and he is only getting about 1/3 of it.  I have been reduced to writing notes to communicate.  Kim isn't very happy that we can't communicate better than we do.  I can't wait for OVR or Baker to take care of this for me, I have to do it myself.  It's time.

I need a new iPad to run the communications board software since my ancient iPad 1 isn't upgradeable to iOS 7 which the software requires.  It works about half the time and crashes often.

I ordered a new iPad Air tonight (v1, since the v2 is getting bad ratings for sound vibrations) plus a smart cover and Bluetooth wireless keyboard/stand.  Now that I'm not spending large sums of money for acupuncture any more, it seems like a good decision.  I pick up my new iPad Air at Staples tomorrow morning and will download the Proloquo2go software from the iTunes App Store and start learning how to use it this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed of ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) in summer of 2018, my symptoms started out with a “foot drop” on my left foot, from there my left leg lost all muscle tone followed by slurred speech and inability to eat without getting choked, strangled, and coughing. My neurologist prescribed me some medications to help my symptoms but the medications did no good and their side effects were too severe. In 2019 i started using Peter ALS Herbal formula treatment, I read a lot of positive reviews on their success rate with the ALS Herbal treatment and I immediately started on the treatment. Just 10 weeks into the ALS Herbal formula treatment I had great improvements with my coordination, speech, breathing and muscle movements. I have basically gone stronger than I'd thought I could ever be again. having similar symptoms? send a message to them at peterwiseherbalcenter@gmail.com or WhatsApp Dr Peter directly on +2349059610643 . The fatigue and general muscle weakness had also declined, this treatment is nothing less of a miracle!

    ReplyDelete