Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Another fun weekend!

Kelly and Jean came down for the weekend with Liam.  Kim signed Kelly and I up for Gotham Dream Cars on Saturday afternoon and we got 1/2 off using GroupOn.  I drove a Lamborghini and Kelly drove a Ferrari.  What a blast!  They had an autocross course set up at the Farm Show overflow parking lot.  We got to drive 4 laps with an instructor - a slow first one to learn the course and 3 fast ones.  It was amazing to feel that much horsepower between your legs.  I took the first lap at a pretty good clip, getting a feel for the car and the course and turns.  The first half of the lap was mostly straight away and the second half of the lap was mostly S-curves. 

The Lamborghini handled like a dream - didn't have to upshift or downshift.  I had it up to almost 90mph on the straight away on the last lap and the pedal mashed to the floor.  I was laughing hard and enjoying the ride, hard down the straightaway and as hard on every inside corner as I could get without running over the cones.  I had the tires squealing around the curves every chance I got.

It made driving my Kia Optima on the way home a joke, but I drove like I was still driving the Lamborghini, knowing I had new tires and taking the curves hard and mashing the pedal down hard. :) 

As part of the package they give you pictures.  They photographer didn't do a very good job capturing my face while driving but caught a great picture of Kelly.  Kelly and I both agreed we would do it again!







Kim and I saw the new Dawn of the Planet of the Apes movie Sunday afternoon in 3D.  Neither one of us really liked it that much.  Had a nice dinner at Black n Bleu afterward.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment